Friday, August 22, 2008

City Ride

Day 4:

Monday morning we headed out of Adult Camp through Burlington toward Shelburne camp. Burlington had some nice bike paths through town making travel through the city a bit more enjoyable and a lot safer. I could tell we were in a city by the demeanor of the other cyclists. Normally all cyclist wave, smile or nod to each other. On the city trails they all ignore each other, just like pedestrians in New York City. I guess I understand, after all it would be exhausting to acknowledge everyone you passed on the street in NY City. This is why I would rather be on back roads or in the woods any day.

Monday was hot as soon as we checked into the camp we rode our bikes out to the deserted pool and jumped it. It felt so good. I love to bike, and I love to swim, this is a perfect day.

The wind had been blowing hard all day; we thought it might be blowing in a storm. Soon after we were in our tent a huge thunderstorm ensued along with a torrential downpour. Thankfully we had a tarp over the bikes and tent, but torrential rain on a tarp is very loud. The rain continued all night.

No comments: